Spicy Turkey Chili
From Lauri Hilland, Administrative Assistant, Santa Clarita Valley School Food Service Agency
Good and easy to make, so I freeze part of a big batch to serve later.
- 1 pound ground turkey meat, cooked and drained
- 2 (15.5 ounce) cans kidney beans
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans Italian-style diced tomatoes
- 2 (1.25 ounce) packages chili seasoning mix
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chili peppers (optional)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup water
Combine turkey, beans, tomatoes, seasoning, peppers, tomato sauce, onion, cinnamon, and water in large kettle. Cook and simmer for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Serve hot.
Nutrition facts per serving: 320 cal (27% cal. from fat), 10g total fat (2.5g sat fat, 3g mono, 2g poly), 40mg chol., 1300mg sodium, 38g carbo., 12g fiber, 19g pro. Daily Values: 15% vit. A, 10% vit. C, 8% calcium, 15% iron, 6% potassium.