Cumin-scented Tomato Soup with Lobster and Corn Salsa
- 1/2 yellow onion, minced
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 ounces cooked lobster meat, cut in 1/4-inch dice
- 2 ounces white corn, cooked
- 1 teaspoon very finely sliced chives
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly cracked pepper
- 1/4 cup crème fraiche
Sweat yellow onion, garlic and cumin in olive oil, over low heat, until onions are translucent but still have no color. Add tomatoes and cook over medium heat until heated through, stirring every few minutes. Remove from heat and purée in food processor or blender on high until smooth; strain and season with salt and pepper to taste. Divide among 4 soup bowls.
Measure salsa ingredients into a mixing bowl and toss to combine thoroughly. Divide and spoon in center of soups. Drizzle 1 tablespoon of crème fraiche around the salsa and serve immediately.