- 1 baguette
- 3 ounces garlic butter
- 1 cup chopped parsley,divided
- Butter, as needed and divided
- 1 pound fresh in-the-shell black mussels
- 1 pound fresh in-the-shell green mussels
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh in-the-shell clams
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 4 cups white wine
- 4 cups clam juice or clear shellfish stock
- 24 diver scallops, dry packed and feet removed
- 16 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Salt and pepper
Slice baguette diagonally into 16 pieces and spread one side of each slice with garlic butter. Toast under broiler until lightly brown. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and set aside.
In a large pot, heat a bit of butter and add mussels and clams. Heat until they begin to open. Add shallots, tomatoes, and garlic followed by white wine and clam juice. Stir in remaining shellfish and more butter. Cover and allow to steam a few minutes. Remove from heat and let stand for a few minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Place 2 crostini in bottom of each of 8 large bowls. Divide and arrange seafood on top and spoon sauce over all. Garnish with remaining chopped parsley.