From Tracy Fiscella, R.D., Nutritionist, Santa Clarita Valley School Food Service Agency
Just right for quick warm up on a chilly day, my family enjoys this chili on their taco salads, too.
- 1 pound ground beef or turkey
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (30 ounce) can kidney beans
- 3 tablespoons chili powder (or to taste)
- 1 white onion, chopped
- Salt and pepper
In large heavy pot, brown and drain meat. Add remaining ingredients. Cook over low heat for 30 minutes or longer.
Nutrition facts per serving: 400 cal (32% cal. from fat), 15g total fat (5g sat fat, 6g mono, 1g poly), 50mg chol., 110mg sodium, 42g carbo., 15g fiber, 26g pro. Daily Values: 50% vit. A, 60% vit. C, 10% calcium, 20% iron, 18% potassium.