Chicken Vegetable Soup
Chicken-vegetable soup is so good and quick when it’s made with canned tomatoes and tempting vegetables.
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup diced cooked chicken
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh celery
- 1 3/4 tablespoons dehydrated onion flakes
- 1/16 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/4 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (8 ounce) can whole kernel yellow sweet corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can carrots
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can green beans
- 1 (15.25 ounce) can green peas
Combine broth, chicken, tomatoes, celery, onion flakes, pepper, parsley flakes, and garlic powder in large kettle. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and cover. Simmer for 20 minutes. Add corn, carrots, green beans, and green peas. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes more or until vegetables are tender. Ladle into individual soup bowls.
Nutrition facts per serving: 290 cal (15% cal. from fat), 6g total fat (2g sat fat, 1g mono, 1g poly), 35mg chol., 1230mg sodium, 41g carbo., 10g fiber, 23g pro. Daily Value: 320% vit. A, 50% vit. C, 15% calcium, 25% iron, 24% potassium.
Adapted from the School Nutrition Association Recipe Database.