Chicken Cacciatore for Crockpot
From Susan Weiss, Director of Business and Personnel, Santa Clarita Valley School Food Service Agency
It’s so good to come home to this sweet spicy tomato goodness. The kids can’t wait for dinner!
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 to 3 pounds frozen chicken pieces, skinned
- 1 (1.5 ounce) package spaghetti sauce seasonings
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup red wine or water
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can green beans, drained
- Hot cooked rice
Place sliced onion in bottom of crockpot. Add chicken pieces. In small bowl, combine seasonings, tomato paste, tomatoes, and wine, stir until smooth. Pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low, 5 to 6 hours. About 15 to 20 minutes before serving, return heat to high and stir in beans. Serve over rice.
Nutrition facts per serving: 310 cal (49% cal. from fat), 17g total fat (5g sat fat, 7g mono, 4g poly), 85mg chol., 840mg sodium, 16g carbo., 3g fiber, 24g pro. Daily Values: 30% vit. A, 50% vit. C, 8% calcium, 15 % iron, 22% potassium.